Saturday, January 26, 2013

What am I doing here? Why am I chasing this flashing cursor into a place called a blog? I suppose that every one who blogs asks themselves that question. My answer, boiled down to it's simplest form is that it needs doing. I need not to do what I have always done with what I write, stuff it in a drawer or cardboard box, and ultimately discard it. I see things a bit differently now. I want to honor the hyacinths  I have found along the way and sharing their fragrance, is the only way that I know.
The blog's title is a nod to a well loved poem by Saadi., but the hyacinths I will share here aren't those you can buy even with the last of your own life's bread. These hyacinths are always gifts, and I have ever been the astonished recipient. I hope I can do them some justice.

Often, the fragrance that breathed life into me, hasn't been a friend of the homo sapien variety. Theresa was however. Since by all appearances she seemed an unlikely hyacinth. I will start with her next time.

More later,
Deb

4 comments:

  1. Ahh, I do love to see you writing. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!!! I"m so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's to a fulfilling journey for you, Deb. I'm so glad to see your writing again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very glad to see you here, I have found blogging fills a need in my soul to be heard, the need to express my heart fully, and to perhaps touch someone with something I've written. Your first story touched my heart Deb...I look forward to more.

    ReplyDelete